1.31.2012

Planting season ....

The time has come for our family to begin starting plants for the upcoming gardening season. I love that my children are completely enthused about growing a garden. I don't know what I would do if I had children who were more interested in sports than nature. I know that I could learn all about baseball uniforms and who needs baseball cufflinks if I had to but I am glad I don't. My children are begging me to start another batch of seeds tonight. We have already started some spinach and lettuce to grow indoors until we can plant outside. They just love checking every day to see if something is sprouting in the soil. I think they find it magical the way a tiny little seed becomes a huge fruiting plant if given the right care. I know I love sharing my passion for gardening with them and look forward to getting my hands in the dirt very soon.