7.15.2011

Entering the fair...

This will be the first year that we are going to enter things in  our local fair. Our older son has desperately wanted to enter a baked good in the fair for the last couple of years. For some reason we always miss the deadline to registering to enter something in the fair. My oldest son wants to enter the brownie competition. He has been researching recipes and ideas all day. He has found everything related to brownies imaginable including  sport themed brownie pops and a recipe for black bean brownies. I haven't provided much input thus far into helping him choose a recipe because I want him to choose all on his own. I love that he is the type of kid who loves to cook and bake and is willing to participate in things like the fair. He finds fun in the simplest things which I think is a great characteristic.