5.27.2011

Smoothie making machine.

Lately I have been hooked on smoothies for breakfast. In the morning when the weather is cold I typically have a bowl of oatmeal. When the weather becomes more humid an ice cold smoothie is my breakfast of choice. I have been experimenting with all sorts of additives and combinations. My favorite is vanilla protein powder with lots of ice and some chia seeds. I have tried just about everything imaginable with the exception of creatine powder. My children are actually jealous of my morning drink because they think I am having ice cream while they get healthy stuff like yogurt and fruit. I cannot convince them that mommy is not having ice cream for breakfast. Because I get up before they do they have yet to see how I make my smoothies which make it impossible for them to grasp that no ice cream is involved.