3.29.2011

Purposeful gardening.

Last year we threw seeds in soil and hoped for the best. We always figured that we would buy starts from the store if our seedlings failed. We experienced minimal success with this method. Our seedlings were leggy from being started too soon and watered without regularity. This year my seedlings have been started according to the schedule suggested for my area and with proper light, heat, and water. Thus far they look outstanding and a far cry from last year's pitiful plants. I spent every spare minute this winter reading and learning about gardening and feel much more confident in my plans for this year. I know I will make mistakes but that is part of the joy of learning something new. It is nice to feel like I finally have a hobby that will benefit my entire family.