2.24.2011

Research before you believe...

I have a friend who listens to Fox News with the diligence one might give to a military operation. She is a stay at home mom who has never worked outside the home. She believes absolutely every word that is spoken on her beloved news station. It is hilarious in my opinion. Listening to and repeating what you hear on any single news station or source does not make you politically informed. I don't consider myself particularly politically savvy but I do follow politics. Before I trust what I am told or read I research the topic from a variety of places. My friend however does not and does regurgitates what she hears on Fox News. She then spend her time repeating this news on Facebook or commenting on other people's websites about topics that she feels informed about after having listened to the "news". Kills me...