2.24.2011

Quit running ...

If I had a dollar this week for every time I said two certain words I would get rich quickly. For some reason my children are unable to walk anywhere. They need to skip, hop, jump, and run wherever they need to get to. It is cute for a couple of minutes and then it gets very old. The stomping and banging just wears on my nerves. I love my children and am thankful that they are able to run and jump and whatnot but I don't need it in the dining room and in the kitchen.Whenever they start running in circles it inspires our very barky dog to join in the fun. She is unable to run in a circle without barking very loudly. You can imagine how this sounds when you are trying to have a phone conversation or focus on a project. So, I repeat myself and repeat myself some more. In fact I decided just now that my oldest son needed to put that energy into action. I sent him to ride the exercise cycle in the basement for 20 minutes after my multiple requests to quit running went unheeded.