3.14.2009

Things I don't miss...

Living in our old town for the most part was a miserable time in my life. As much as I loved having family and friends nearby I really just hated the town that we lived in. The town is dying and there just seemed to be this pervasive state of mind in the people who lived there that life in that town was meant to be dismal. For the most part I tried to do as little as possible in the way of business or shopping in the town itself. I never seemed to have the right membership cards for whatever store I was shopping at which frustrated me to no end. Usually managers and business people are more than happy to assist customers in making purchases when they forget their membership cards but for some reason no one in this town cared whether you shopped at their store or not. This is probably why the town is dying because all the shoppers are heading online or out of town to make purchases from stores who appreciate their business.