11.13.2008

Cookie baking time

One of my favorite things to do is bake Christmas cookies. I usually start by making all my doughs early and freezing them. This makes baking a fairly simple process because I can just spend a day baking and not have to be troubled with making and cleaning up dough.

This is one of my favorite recipes that freezes really well.

Sour Cream Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
5 1/2 cups flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix shortening, butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Blend dry ingredients and add alternately with sour cream. Roll 1/4" think on well floured pastry cloth. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar before baking or ice when done and cool. Bake 8-10 minutes.
__________________