5.15.2007

How Fast Can We Get There?

We are in the midst of trying to decide exactly where we would like to go for vacation this summer. This is the first year in a long time that my husband's vacation time hasn't been earmarked for something else. The problem is that we both have several places we would like to visit but they are in opposite ends of the country. He thinks we can hit for Maine and Georgia in a week but I am not so sure. Considering we are driving with two kids in tow the only way I see it all coming together is if we invest in a radar detector. Throw in the fact that we want to get in some time camping along the way and it really becomes impossible. My vote for Maine since we will be traveling during the hottest time of year. Having lived in the south for 5 years there is no way I want to be camping in Georgia in August!